If you have a large yard that’s full of beautiful green grass, mowing it can become one of the most time-consuming tasks on your to-do list. This is especially true if you own a traditional push mower, which requires a lot of physical energy to push through any size of yard. Fortunately, there is a solution that can save you both time and energy: a riding mower.
With a full seat and wheel to guide you, a riding mower can easily become the answer to your grass-trimming dilemma. All you have to do is take a seat and turn on the engine, then you can glide over the grass as you watch it trim underneath you. If you miss a spot, simply navigate to the area that needs attention and you’ll be good to go without exerting extra energy.
With so many of these mowers to choose from, it can be difficult to find the one that’s right for you. Should you spend more or find one that’s more budget-friendly? To help you make your decision, you’ll find five of the best riding mowers for the money on the market and all their most important details below.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”417″ identifier=”B01MUDUCNM” locale=”US” src=”http://www.powerequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51aYIKnUROL.jpg” tag=”aquapponics-20″ width=”500″]
Designed by the trusted name Troy Bilt, this riding power offers reliable power thanks to the 392cc OHV engine with auto choke. If you’re looking to get your mowing done quickly, this mower can take you up to 4.25MPH with its 6-speed transmission and easy-to-turn steering wheel. In fact, the wheel has a turning radius of 18-inches that is made smooth with the large front and rear wheels on the bottom of the unit.
The cutting deck on this mower measures a generous 30-inches and has 5 adjustable settings to accommodate all lengths of grass you might be up against. This deck size is perfect for fitting in tight spaces and also makes storage easy for smaller sheds or garages. The price of this mower is budget-friendly, with similar makes/models being a bit more expensive.
With manual power take-off that ensures blade engagement happens quickly, this is a ride-on lawn mower you’ll likely love for years to come. And for peace of mind, there’s a 2-year warranty included with your purchase. This warranty covers a wide variety of parts, so it should help you save cash if any repairs are needed.
– The mid-back seat is comfortable and padded so you can ride for a long time without pain
– Steering wheel features a soft-grip material that can reduce blisters
– Fuel tank can hold 1.3 gallons so you won’t have to re-fill often
– Fuel tank features a fuel sight window so you can check gas levels easily
– Comes with a warranty to offer you peace of mind with your purchase
– Not ideal for extremely large lawns; best for those that are medium in size
– Many buyers have found that Troy Bilt customer service isn’t that great
– You must lift the cutter if you want to back up or damage will occur
– Blade can stop cutting quickly and cause issues mowing
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B01MUDUCNM” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” tag=”aquapponics-20″]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”333″ identifier=”B002PD87M8″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.powerequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/61DOQCasIWL.jpg” tag=”aquapponics-20″ width=”500″]
If you have a larger budget, then this mower is well worth considering. It’s made with a powerful 22HP Briggs V-Twin Pro engine, which will help you get through even a large lawn with ease. With the large 46″ stamped deck, you’ll be able to cut large patches of grass without having to go over them two or three times. This deck also comes with a 10-year warranty for added peace of mind with your purchase.
Do you find yourself mowing your lawn quite often? If so, this is a mower that may be able to resolve this issue. With the ability to cut closer, you’ll be able to leave your grass short so it can grow out for longer. Ultimately this can give you days or weeks in between cuts without the need to do maintenance in between.
With dual-wheel hydro transmission, you get a smoother turn so you can maneuver around your yard without putting in more elbow grease. You can also use this transmission to go backward, forward, left, or right with just the movement of your arm. This mower is designed to save you time by cutting down on how long you mow, which means it’s a longer lasting investment that will pay off every time you use it.
– 15″ high-back seat so you enjoy a more comfortable ride from start to finish
– Double caster wheels offer a smooth ride and are more durable for extreme conditions
– Six different cutting positions that range from 1.5″ to 4″ so you can cut any length of grass
– Thanks to the design, you won’t strain to turn the wheel, which means less exhaustion
– You can have this on for many hours before it runs out of fuel
– Ideal for those who have large yards, including one acre or more
– More expensive than other ride-on mowers
– Doesn’t drive well up hills or inclines
– It can be difficult to find replacement parts when you find it necessary
– Tires aren’t as durable as they should be, given the large size of this mower
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B019ZN119G” locale=”US” src=”http://www.powerequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51goJTPPIL.jpg” tag=”aquapponics-20″ width=”500″]
This mower by Husqvarna has a cutting edge look that will turn the heads of all the neighbors who surround you. However, when it comes to what’s inside, the quality is just as good. This model includes a reliable 24V auto transmission that makes it easy to maneuver and drive no matter how large your lawn is.
This mower also starts without a choke, so you can quickly get going without spending extra time waiting around. When it comes to the cut quality, it can’t be beat thanks to the air-induction technology that maximizes airflow. The mounted deck lever is assisted by a spring so operation is smooth and you avoid having to stop and start as you cruise over your lawn.
You’ll need gas to fuel this up, although the large gas tank means you won’t have to fill up too often. The efficiency of the machine also helps to reduce your gas use every time you mow the lawn. The electric clutch and charge port add to the unique features of this piece of equipment and make it one of the best riding mowers for the money available today.
– Budget-friendly when compared to similar models of ride-on mowers
– Powerful and reliable mower that seems to have solid reviews
– Can run this for a long time so you can finish your entire yard at once
– 3-year limited warranty included, 5 year frame and chassis warranty included; 10-year cutting deck warranty included
– Doesn’t drive well up hills, which can be a problem for those with land at an incline
– Very heavy, so it can be difficult to unload and set up
– Warranty claims can be difficult to fulfill with the company
– Doesn’t last as long as other mowers with the same capabilities do
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B019ZN119G” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” tag=”aquapponics-20″]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B073QB5YPF” locale=”US” src=”http://www.powerequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51oRAdu0AdL.jpg” tag=”aquapponics-20″ width=”500″]
The XT1 model by Cub Cadet is one of the best riding mowers that’s built in America. Fortunately, the price tag isn’t higher than other mowers that are in the same class. With it, you will find a durable 22HP Kohler V-Twin OHV engine that offers reliability as you glide over the terrain in front of you. The hydrostatic transmission drive also simplifies operation, as it doesn’t require you to shift. All you have to do to run this is turn it on, put your foot on the pedal, and get going.
The steering wheel system has been optimized to offer smooth handling that is more responsive so you don’t have to stress body at every turn. No matter what length grass you have, this mower can help you cut it with the 12 different cutting positions that are easily adjusted with the touch of a lever. If you’re mowing in bad weather, don’t worry, because this model has LED headlights right at the front to give you better visibility come rain or shine.
If you’re concerned about comfort, this tractor has a comfort grip steering wheel and high back seat to help prevent aches and pains that are common with mowing. When it comes to keeping this machine in good shape, the connect deck wash system is one of the most valued features. This streams high pressure water to easily clean the bottom of the deck area out with ease, which means no more debris building up as you mow.
– Cruise control that can be activated with the touch of a button to lock in your desired speed
– Generous 3-gallon fuel tank allows you to mow for longer without having to fill up
– Clear fuel gauge makes it easy to see when you need to fill up
– Optional accessories offer you the choice to plow through snow, mulch, and more
– More feature-rich than similar mowers priced the same
– Switching into reverse requires several steps that take time
– Springs under seat bounce quite a bit to make a bumpy ride
– Grass is thrown quite far when mowing, which can be a problem for neighbors close by
– Steering gears can be difficult to switch
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B073QB5YPF” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” tag=”aquapponics-20″]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01BPFLIRM” locale=”US” src=”http://www.powerequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41d9CxwMgfL.jpg” tag=”aquapponics-20″ width=”500″]
If you don’t mind trying a brand that isn’t as well known as Troy Bilt or Husqvarna, then this is a mower you should consider. It’s equipped with a 42″ cutting deck that can get even a large yard trimmed in minimal time thanks to the 19HP engine. With perfect zero-turn, this machine can handle yards with hills without stalling or causing you any problems, which is why it’s so popular with homeowners with several acres.
The 3-blade deck delivers a more precise cut that touches more grass at once to reduce the amount of time you mow in total. To enhance comfort, this machine also features adjustable arm controls that make it easy to navigate and maneuver with ease. You don’t even have to shift, as the speed will adjust based on your controls.
The transmission is equipped with cooling fans to help prevent overheating so you can mow for longer without having to take breaks. Made with 12 gauge stamped steel, this is a durable and reliable ride-on mower that you can look forward to using any time your lawn needs cleaned up. While it may not be as well known as other brands, it’s reliable and worth taking a look at for your at-home mower.
– 18″ high-back seat that is surrounded by springs for added comfort
– Maintenance-free spindles mean you don’t have to spend time cleaning
– Turns easily to help reduce the amount of energy you have to exert to operate
– Great for small and medium-size laws, including those with hills
– Not ideal for lawns with several acres of grass
– Fuel pump can be slow when you first start the machine
– Brand isn’t as well known as others, which can mean difficulty finding a lot of reviews
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B01BPFLIRM” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” tag=”aquapponics-20″]
Finding Your New Riding Mower
A riding mower is an investment that almost every large lawn owner would say is worth it. After all, it will save you a lot of time, but more importantly, it will save your energy. Never again will you have to push a mower manually across your lawn, which can make this task so much easier every time it needs to be done.
With the best riding mowers for the money 2018 listed above, you may even look forward to trimming your grass! How should you chose which is right for you? The key is to look through the descriptions of each and pay close attention to both the pros and cons. Because these are large investments that weigh quite a bit, the last thing you want to do is deal with a return in the future.
While the ride on mowers listed above are each high quality and highly rated, they are unique in their own ways. One might be a better choice for you than another, which is why reading through the descriptions is so important. Fortunately, once you do, you’ll easily see which is the best riding mowers for the money to invest in.